Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Greenwashing

Have you seen the new Wendy's commercial?!

"Natural cut russet potatoes with sea salt".  Give me a break!  "Natural cut", what the heck does that even MEAN?!


Good for you Wendy's, you're cutting your potatoes in a factory with the skin on, rather than having them peeled in a factory.  I guess that means "natural cut".

I can't even find a video on the internet to show you, but I will post it when I do.

Beware of buzz words.  They are all over the place.  Some are quite obvious, others aren't. 

Rather than going into great detail, I am going to post an article that our communications coordinator Matt Higgs recently wrote for the Peterborough Examiner.

Shoppers Should Beware of 'Greenwashing' of Products by Matt Higgs

Have you seen Wendy's new commercial?  What do you think?  Have you spotted any greenwashing that we should know about?

No comments:

Post a Comment